The Five Wishes Practice Community is a collaborative community of healthcare professionals who use the Five Wishes program for advance care planning. The goal of the practice community is to enhance your outcomes and elevate your practice through sharing best practice stories, resources, information, and more.
Membership is free, and available to any health professionals who use any components of the Five Wishes program.
September 29, 2020: Shifting Your Advance Care Planning Activities During COVID-19 (and Beyond)
- Explore why advance care planning (ACP) conversations are increasingly important in the context of COVID-19
- Discuss challenges and opportunities for ACP activities in the current healthcare environment
- Review several simple ideas about how you can adjust your ACP activities to accommodate these challenges and opportunities so that conversations are effective, timely, and cover what matters most.
May 20th, 2020 - Virtual Advance Care Planning Conversations: Creating Meaningful Connections Across the Distance
- Explore how clinicians can embrace virtual telehealth conversations and overcome barriers
- Learn how video visits can increase access and provide a new care setting
- Discuss how video visits change and improve the experience for clinicians and patients
February, 27th 2020 - The Structure of Success: Key Components of Effective Advance Care Planning Programs
- Explore what effectiveness can mean in advance care planning
- Discuss the value of a program approach to advance care planning
- Identify the core elements of effective advance care planning programs
December, 12th 2019 - Taking Advance Care Planning System Wide
- Identify possible benefits of a systems approach to advance care planning for patients and families, community and your organization
- Learn about system changes and organizational culture shifts that can impact the long-term sustainability of advance care planning outcomes
- Get tips on ways to use collaboration across organizations and communities to improve access to advance care planning
September 12, 2019 Five Wishes Webinar: Gaining Traction - Increasing Value and Support for your Advance Care Planning (ACP) Program
- Learn how to make a compelling case for engaging in ACP initiatives
- Learn the importance of gaining support from a champion and a sponsor
- Get tips on how to identify ACP projects that can help demonstrate success and give you something to build upon
Five Wishes Practice Community Summer 2019 Newsletter
Tools to Enhance Your Program
Advance Care Planning checkup for healthcare systems
Increasing Value and Support for your Advance Care Planning Program
Taking Advance Care Planning System-Wide
Click here to access research article links about advance care planning benefits and outcomes.
Contact us for technical assistance and guidance to support your Five Wishes program implementation, strengthen your initiatives, and help you measure impact.
Contact us today to opt-in to the Five Wishes Practice Community.