The Five Wishes Practice Community is a collaborative community of healthcare professionals who use the Five Wishes program for advance care planning. The goal of the practice community is to enhance your outcomes and elevate your practice through sharing best practice stories, resources, information, and more.
Membership is free, and available to any health professionals who use any components of the Five Wishes program.
Who’s Driving? Ensuring Patient and Family Involvement in Advance Care Planning
- This webinar explores the principles of patient-centered care, patient engagement, and patient experience as thoughtful frameworks that can help you consider your organization’s advance care planning (ACP) programs, activities, and encounters from the perspective of the people you serve.
Virtual Community Education and Outreach – How to Make Real Connections in Separate Locations
- With the right approach, making the shift to virtual outreach allows you to connect from a distance. This Webinar highlights a best practice example from Yolo Hospice, with discussion about how to make virtual community education and outreach effective, meaningful, and measurable. Includes a link with several resources from Yolo, including a virtual community access teaching tool (password for this linked page is fivewishes).
Refilling Your Cup in a Drought: Resilience for Healthcare Professionals and Teams
- Discuss what resilience means and the factors that contribute to it, how we respond to stress, and simple, effective practices to enhance personal and team resilience
Shifting Your Advance Care Planning (ACP) Activities During COVID-19 (and Beyond)
- Why ACP conversations are increasingly important in the context of COVID-19, relevant challenges and opportunities for ACP in the current healthcare environment, and ways to adjust ACP activities so that conversations are effective, timely, and cover what matters most right now
Virtual Advance Care Planning (ACP) Conversations: Creating Meaningful Connections Across the Distance
- Explore how clinicians can embrace virtual telehealth conversations and overcome barriers, learn how video visits can increase access and provide a new care setting, and discuss how video visits change and improve the experience for clinicians and patients
The Structure of Success: Key Components of Effective Advance Care Planning (ACP) Programs
- Explore what effectiveness can mean in ACP, discuss the value of a program approach to ACP, and identify the core elements of effective ACP programs
Taking Advance Care Planning (ACP) System Wide
- Identify benefits of a systems approach to ACP, system changes and organizational culture shifts that impact sustainability of ACP outcomes, and ways to use collaboration across organizations and communities to improve access to ACP
Gaining Traction - Increasing Value and Support for your Advance Care Planning (ACP) Program
- Learn how to make a compelling case for engaging in ACP initiatives, learn the importance of gaining support from a champion and a sponsor, and tips on how to identify ACP projects that can help demonstrate success and give you something to build upon
Tools to Enhance Your Program
Advance Care Planning checkup for healthcare systems
Increasing Value and Support for your Advance Care Planning Program
Taking Advance Care Planning System-Wide
Click here to access research article links about advance care planning benefits and outcomes.
Contact us for technical assistance and guidance to support your Five Wishes program implementation, strengthen your initiatives, and help you measure impact.
Contact us today to opt-in to the Five Wishes Practice Community.